I think it’s safe to say that off-the-shoulder tops and chambray completely stole Summer ’16. Combine the two and you have yourself the ultimate beach weekend outfit that is a walking ‘gram waiting to happen. I saw a variation of this chambray off the shoulder dress on just about every fashion blogger on my Insta feed at some point or another this summer. I am and always will be a huge advocate for staying true to your unique style and not feeling the pressure to follow trends. However, one of the main goals of the ethical fashion portion of my blog is to prove that we can still rock very current pieces and turn heads while still keeping it conscious. So when I first saw the design for this (extremely versatile, btw) dress by VETTA Capsule, I knew I had to showcase it as an ethical alternative to the mass produced and extremely popular versions that we’ve seen out there this summer. You can find shopable links and the conscious details behind all of the pieces below. Let me know what you guys think in the comments!
- 100% Tencel – A fabric derived from the pulp of eucalyptus trees. It requires little water to grow, is fully biodegradable, takes to dye very easily (therefore, requiring less dye) and is part of a closed loop process. Pretty damn impressive if you ask me! Read more here.
- Produced locally in NYC’s garment district – I personally visited the facility where the garments were made, and I can say that VETTA is doing fashion the ethical way that it should be done.
- Versatile AF (I’m sorry I had to) – This dress is purposely made of 2 pieces to up the versatility factor. It can be worn as a short dress, a longer dress, shoulders covered, off-the-shoulder, you can wear the skirt by itself, or you can wear the top by itself with jeans.
- Fully vegan – Freedom of animals is a fully vegan brand (and I love them more than words!)
- Eco materials – Made from post consumer plastic, cotton canvas, and organic cotton lining.
- Vegetable dyed
- Made in USA
- Handmade in Kenya by local artisans
- Handmade in Spain
- Organic & Sustainable Materials – Organic cotton + super sustainable jute bottoms
- Fully vegan
- Sustainable & Recycled Case – Comes with a sunglasses case ethically hand woven by a fabric created from post consumer plastic bags. (Pretty freaking cool!)
- Gives back – Each purchase contributes to grants that help build vision centers and dispensaries in Africa.
Being at this absolutely STUNNING location to shoot some pics wasn’t the worst thing in the world 🙂
In my natural habitat 😛
Hope you guys enjoyed!
Lots of ethical love,
Affiliate Notes: This post was not sponsored in any way. All items featured in this post were purchased with my own money. The links included in this post do contain some affiliate links. Read my full promise to you here.