Carrot + Garlic Hummus Toast
I don't think one could ever get sick of avo toast, but if you're looking to switch it up a bit, try out this easy, creamy, garlicy take on toast packed with all of the nutritional benefits of yummy carrots.
Author: Ashley Morgan
Recipe type: Breakfast
- hummus of your choice (if looking for a great homemade recipe I recommend this one by Fabluch)
- bread of your choice (I love & recommend a yummy sourdough!)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4-6 medium carrots
- 3 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- Slice bread into easy to grab pieces (if serving for brunch) and toast them.
- As soon as they are done toasting, take 1 of the garlic cloves (sliced in half) and rub the toast with the garlic to really give it a great garlicy flavor.
- In a pan, eat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the rest of the garlic (sliced) to the pan and let it infuse the oil for 2 minutes.
- Add in the carrots and a sprinkle of salt and pepper and sautéed for a few minutes. You still want to keep the bright orange color of the carrots but just want them to soften a little bit.
- Spread the hummus on top of the garlic toast and top with the sautéed carrots & any other toppings of your choice.